Do you want to write about your favorite NFL team? Interested in becoming a blogger for DraftTake.com? I am looking for bloggers who are interested in blogging about their favorite team. You will get your own team blog page powered by wordpress to write about your favorite team. Check out the available blogs at the bottom of this page.
I am looking for passionate yet knowlegable fans to write articles about their favorite team. Here are some of the guidelines:
1. I would like to see at least 4 articles each month during the season (September-January). After the season I'd like to see at least one article per month, but if nothing is going on with your team then it isn't a huge deal. Since this is a draft website, I'd like to see at least one article in April that pertains to the NFL draft, such as a team draft preview or something along those lines.
2. Blogs that don't post the required amount of articles during the season will be made available again for someone else to take over. However, I know everyone has full time jobs and families to take care of. So if for some reason you aren't going to be able to meet the required number of articles for a particular month, feel free to send me an e-mail stating that you won't be able to meet the requirements. This way I will know that you are still interested in blogging in the future, and I won't make your blog available for others to take over.
I'm very flexible about that stuff as long as you let me know your plans in advance. If your blog remains inactive for a long period of time (1 month), I will email you before I make your blog available for someone else to take over. This is to confirm that you are no longer interested in blogging for DraftTake.
3. I love fans that are passionate about their teams, but please try to keep your posts as professional as possible. I know its hard not to be upset with your team after a bad loss, but please try to keep the excess emotion out of your posts.
4. I will not be editing/proofreading your articles, so please try to use proper grammar and take advantage of the spell check feature on your wordpress blog. Please refrain from using profanity in your posts!
5. You MUST use 100% original content in your blogs, you cannot copy your work from any other source. Once you post the material on your DraftTake blog, you can't put your articles on any other site or blog. I encourage you to link to other sites/blogs or even your facebook/twitter page, but make sure that people must go to your specific DraftTake blog to read the full article. Feel free to do link exchanges with other blogs or forums.
6. I'm not going to put a specific word limit on articles, but try not to make your posts extremely long as readers will tend to get bored and won't end up reading your entire article.
7. You will get your own DraftTake email, as well as your own "About Me" page if you want it. I will also give you a username and password so that you can sign into your blog. Email me a few paragraphs about yourself, and I will create and post it in your "About Me" page.
8. Please send me an email after each article you post so that I can enter an update in the "Updates" section on the DraftTake.com home page. This will help to increase traffic to your blog!
If you have any problems/questions with Wordpress, feel free to email me and I will try to help you out. However, I am by no means a Wordpress expert so try checking out different forums about Wordpress if you have a question.
DraftTake is currently unable to pay our bloggers, but if we do become profitable enough in the future I will try get some bonuses out to our loyal bloggers, but I can't promise anything at this point.
If you have still have an interest in blogging for your team, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with some basic information about yourself (name, which team you want to blog about, etc.). Professional sports writing experience is by no means a requirement, but it is a plus. If you have any questions at all about anything, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. Below are the links for all of the 32 different blogs, as well as the names of the bloggers in control of each team. If a team doesn't have a persons name next to it, that means that that blog is available.
Chicago Bears: Brett Carlson
Green Bay Packers:
Kansas City Chiefs:
New England Patriots:
New Orleans Saints:
New York Giants:
New York Jets:
San Diego Chargers:
San Francisco 49ers:
St. Louis Rams:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
*If you become the blogger for a specific team, you also will become a moderator for your team's page section in our forum!